The PTA supports many activities, fundraisers and services throughout the year. It is our hope that every family can participate so we can better serve our children and their needs. Your family or individual membership allows the PTA to provide a wide range of educational enrichment programs for the students, including deeper dives into the arts and technology. The PTA provides learning opportunities and social activities that may otherwise not be available to our students and families. Look for special events like Back to School Picnic, the Literary Cafe, Protect Our Kids Night for parents, and the popular International Night to name just a few.
Of course, all of this would not be possible without our outstanding PTA Board and Committee Chairs, Principal Wallace-Stevens, the amazing NCC faculty and staff, and you--the parents and guardians. Our 2017-2018 PTA Board Members, Committee Chairs, and volunteers are listed to the right of this text.
- Donate to the Direct Donation Campaign. Please consider donating to help us reach the $20,000 needed to maintain the great year-long programming for our NCC community. You can donate at the open house (bring your check book!) or you can donate online, see below.
- Join the PTA. Last year we had 100% family membership participation in the PTA! Every member receives an NCC Source school directory (So helpful for scheduling those playdates!) and an NCC Calendar Magnet.
- Volunteer. We ask parents to volunteer for at least one event during the year, if they can. Or, if you have more time, join the PTA Board, we have many committees and always need more help. You can volunteer once, or on an ongoing basis. What a fun way to meet other parents!
- Shop. Please register your savings cards from Giant/Safeway or Harris Teeter, designate NCC as your Amazon Smiles partner, and/or bring in receipts from Sniders or Chevy Chase Supermarket. And, cut out your boxtops and send them in for Boxtops points. These are easy ways to earn the PTA money for programs
How can you donate or join the PTA? You can do this either in person at the Open House or Back to School Night, or online. Donate online by creating an account on Pay4School Stuff. Add your child, and then “Select” your child, and click “PTA Direct Donation Campaign”. You can also sign up for the PTA membership at the same website.
- Open House (September 1, 11am to 12pm)
- Back to School Night (September 13, 6:30pm - 8:30pm)
- Back-to-School Picnic (Thursday, September 28, 6pm - 8pm).
Our best wishes,
Marci McCoy-Roth ([email protected])
Nadine Kampman ([email protected])
The PTA will have tables set up with literature and/or a person to ask questions during the Open House on September 1 for the following PTA groups:
- PTA membership - (Kim Cutler) Please join the NCC PTA — it’s easy! Membership is $15 an individual, $25 a family, and our goal is to have 100% of NCC families join our PTA.
- Direct Donation - (Melissa Timmons) Our main school fundraiser starts at the Open House. Please consider donating to the school to meet our $20,000 goal. Any amount is appreciated, and 100% of every dollar collected goes to enhance your children’s experience at NCC.
- NAACP/Diversity Council - (Carla Cartwright) Our PTA NAACP representative will be on hand to answer your questions.
- Kids After Hours -– Information about KAH and after school care at NCC.
- FLEX/After School Activities - (Chris and Jennifer Everett) Stop by and pick up information about our wide range of After School Activities being offered at NCC.
- Spirit Wear - (Sarah Lenart) We will have samples and order
forms for NCC Sprit Wear.
PTA Board Officers
- Victor Ordonez
- Anne Levin - 3rd grade
- Monica Sakala - 3rd grade
- Whitney Kelly - 4th grade
- Yael Freimann - 4th grade
- Melissa Timmons - 4th grade
- Carla Cartwright - 5th grade
- Erika Sussman - 5th grade
BCC Cluster Rep
Special Needs Rep
- All grade reps and VP
Box Tops, Grocery Programs & Amazon
Communications Chair & Weekly Updates
Community Nights Out
Geo Bee Coordinator
NCC Spirit Wear
Real Food for Kids
4th Grade Artist in Residence
5th Grade Artist in Residence
6th Grade Artist in Residence